Sriracha and Lime Loukoumades (Greek Doughnuts) Recipe
Loukoumades are little bite-sized fluffy sweet balls (the Greek version of donuts). Our creative solution team made Sriracha and Lime Loukoumades that are crispy and golden on the outside and fluffy and airy in the inside.
1. In a bowl add the flour, cornflour, salt, yeast, sugar, red pepper flakes and tomato powder and mix until everything is combined.
2. Next add the water and mix well with a whisk or wooden spoon.
3. Once everything is fully incorporated add the Sriracha flavour and mix well until fully dispersed. (Dough will turn red and hot spots will be visible)
4. Cover with clingfilm and leave in the prover for 30 minutes at 27°C until well risen and bubbly.
5. Once risen heat the oil to 180°C.
6. When it is up to temperature squeeze the dough in one hand to create a ball between the thumb and finger and scoop with an oiled spoon to create a dough ball and place it in the fryer.
7. Fry about 6 Loukoumades at one time for about 5-6 minutes.
8. When the Loukoumades are golden brown remove from the fryer with a slotted spoon and place on a baking tray lined with kitchen paper to drain.
Method – Glaze
1. Weigh the sugar into a pestle and mortar add the flavour and grind until the flavour is fully dispersed.
2. Add the sugar and water to the pan and heat gently on a low to medium heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Heat until the sugar has dissolved, and the syrup begins to boil.
4. Remove the syrup from the heat and immediately pour the hot syrup over the Loukoumades.
5. For decoration sprinkle with red pepper flakes and some lime zest.