Chinese Five-Spice Flavoured Popcorn Recipe
Our Chinese five-spice popcorn recipe is simple but full of flavour! Perfect snack for any time of day.
1. Using a pestle and mortar grind the citric acid until it is a fine powder.
2. Next add the salt, the Paprika IN11058 and the Chinese Five Spice Blend FN11890. Grind until the liquids have fully coated the salt and citric acid.
3. Once the Paprika and Chinese Five Spice are evenly dispersed add the remaining ingredients, icing sugar, Aromild and Maltodextrin and grind until completely combined.
4. Once you have made the seasoning weigh out 75g of popcorn kernels, 25g of sunflower oil and 7.5g of the finished seasoning.
5. Pop the popcorn in a popcorn machine or saucepan.
6. Once popped transfer into a large food bag and carefully shake the 7.5g of seasoning onto the popcorn quite evenly.
7. Get some air into the bag and hold it closed before shaking it to disperse the seasoning.