For the Doughnuts
- 133g Unsalted Butter – 16.92%
- 13g Granulated Sugar – 1.66%
- 4g Salt – 0.50%
- 133g Milk – 16.92%
- 133g Water – 16.92%
- 150g Plain Flour – 19.09%
- 3 Large Eggs – 22.90%
- 1 Large Egg White – 5.09%
For the Glaze
- 110g Icing Sugar – 81.48%
- 25g Milk – 18.52%
- Pink Colour – 4 drops
For the Dough
- Crème Brulee Flavour HD9886 @ 0.15%
For the Glaze
- Raspberry Flavour FN13904 @ 0.05%
Raspberry Crème Brulee French Cruller Recipe
Raspberry Crème Brulee French Cruller is incredibly moreish and easy to make! Delicate, light and airy in texture, fabulous flavour and golden-brown and crispy on the outside.
1. In a large saucepan add the milk, water, butter, sugar, and salt and bring to a rolling boil over medium heat.
2. Once boiling remove from the heat and add all the flour then stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.
3. Return the pan to the heat and cook for 2 – 3 minutes, stirring vigorously the whole time. After this time, a thick film should have formed on the bottom of the pan and the dough should feel smooth.
4. Once smooth remove from the heat and transfer the dough into the bowl of a stand mixer, using a spatula smooth the dough around the sides of the bowl and leave to stand for about 15 minutes to cool.
5. When it is slightly warm scrape down the sides of the bowl and add 2 eggs. Using the paddle attachment beat the dough on medium speed until the eggs are fully incorporated.
6. Scrape down the sides of the bowl again and add the third egg, beat until incorporated.
7. Repeat this process again with the egg white and the Crème Brulee Flavour HD9886.
8. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, cover, and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
9. While the dough is chilling heat up the deep fat fryer to 187°C and cut out ten 3-inch by 3-inch squares of baking paper and brush these gently with vegetable oil.
10. Remove the dough from the fridge and transfer into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip.
11. Pipe an even circle of dough, just making the ends touch, onto the squares of baking paper.
12. Once the fryer is up to temperature gently place the doughnut into the fryer upside down with the baking paper. Cook on each side for about 3 minutes. (After 1 minute you will be able to remove the paper with some metal tongs).
13. Once the doughnuts are a deep golden brown all over remove from the fryer with a slotted spoon and place on a baking tray lined with paper towels to allow some of the oil to drain from the crullers.
14. Allow the doughnuts to cool completely before glazing.
15. For the glaze sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add the milk and mix until combined a smooth.
16. Add the Raspberry Flavour FN13904 and colour then mix until fully incorporated.
17. Once the doughnuts are cool turn them upside down and dip them into the glaze until fully covered and sprinkle with freeze dried raspberry pieces.
16. Add the Hibiscus flavour FN14177 and mix until fully incorporated.
17. Once the Crullers are cool turn them upside down and dip them into the glaze until fully covered.