Role Profile and Person Specification
Job title: Sales Executive
Reports to: Category Sales Manager (Retail)
Job grade: C
Key tasks but are not limited to:
- In collaboration with the commercial team: Identify, develop and nurture selected new and existing customers to understand their business needs and objectives; and identify ways of increasing revenue and margin on existing business to optimise sales
- Manage a strong pipeline in order to forecast accurately and develop medium and long-term opportunities
- Respond to sales briefs, sample requests, quotations, technical service enquiries, preparation of presentations and background research, as required
- Maintain accurate and complete data in company’s CRM system and report on new customer projects and business wins
- Prepare and maintain sales budgets as required
- Work with customer experience team to ensure that the needs of our customers are being met
Job knowledge and skill requirements for this position are:
- Demonstrable track record of success in sales, including responsibility for own portfolio of accounts, developing customer relationships to generate new sales opportunities & experience in face-to-face customer presentations, ideally in flavour/food ingredients or food and beverage manufacturing industries, in a B-to-B environment
- Proven track record in researching and analysing new business opportunities and pipeline management
- Willingness to travel – travel in the UK to visit customers as required
- Excellent communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills with attention to detail
- Experience of a CRM system
- Excellent MS Office skills and ability to work effectively using databases and reporting systems
Desirable skills include:
- Science or food-related degree or equivalent qualification
- Additional language skills would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of food ingredients
- FMCG customer experience preferable
Lionel Hitchen will always acknowledge your application, if you haven’t heard from us within 72 hours, there might be a problem in your application coming through our server. We haven’t ignored you, call reception on 01962 760815 to let us know that your application has been sent.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for any of our positions.
Do you want to find out more?
For further details and to apply please email our HR Department at email@example.com
In the subject line of the email put LHHR.
*Please complete and submit the GDPR Candidate Privacy notice along with your CV to give us consent to process your application.*