Role Profile and Person Specification
Job title: Production Technician – Compounding Team
Reports to: Production Team Leader
Job grade: B
The successful candidate will:
• Operate plant and equipment (various levels of complexity), to mix, manufacture, transfer, and pack product.
• Weighing and blending of ingredients as per formulation and manufacturing instructions.
• Packaging of finished products to company standards. Ensure accuracy of records and documentation is in line with defined company standards.
• Handling / manufacturing products and raw materials by complying with the information within the MSDS’s, risk and COSHH assessments.
• Use of manual handling equipment available for moving heavy ingredients e.g., product drums and packs.
• Maintain high levels of hygiene and housekeeping, observing company policies and operating ‘clean-as-you-go’ practices consistent with HACCP, GMP and general BRC requirements.
• Highlighting of out of spec items for remedial action.
• Ensure that when products are transferred to other Departments, they are in a suitable “fit for purpose” condition that meets the customer’s expectations.
Essential criteria for this position are:
• Numerate and literate
• Able to mix and pack materials.
• Operation of basic production processes and equipment
• A good understanding of quality control systems
• An understanding of food hygiene
• Experience within a highly regulated manufacturing environment
Lionel Hitchen will always acknowledge your application, if you haven’t heard from us within 72 hours, there might be a problem in your application coming through our server. We haven’t ignored you, call reception on 01962 760815 or email HR@lionelhitchen.com to let us know that your application has been sent.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for any of our positions.