Role Profile and Person Specification
Job title: Production Planner
Reports to: Demand and Planning Manager
Location: Barton Stacey
The successful candidate will have responsibility for:
- Planning and preparing Production schedules for the manufacture of intermediate, finished and re-processed products.
- Drawing up master schedules to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts and/or customer orders
- Analysing Production specifications and plant capacity data and determining manufacturing formulations, processes, and human resource requirements.
- Ensuring that works orders and other documentation is issued in a timely manner with minimal delays in line with the production plan
- Using order and forecast information on Unity to set the production plan to improve the company OTIF performance.
- Supporting Company goals by involvement within area improvement teams
Essential criteria for this position are:
- Excellent working Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
- Previous experience of Production and Demand planning within a batch manufacturing environment
- Previous experience of working in a highly regulated manufacturing environment, preferably in food, pharmaceutical or perfume industry
- Highly numerate with strong Excel skills
- Experience in using forecasting software would be advantageous
- Experience of category/Value Stream planning
- Hands on experience with stock / raw material control accuracy
- A willingness to work alongside all production teams on the shop floor/warehouse to strengthen working knowledge of processes/provide support
- Will be required to work 1 day a week at the Andover site to provide first line planning support to the Customer Service and Logistics teams.
Desirable criteria for this position are:
- Previous experience of working within a customer service environment
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement tools and technics
- A passion for self-development and continuous learning
- Ability to document complex system-based processes
- Sanderson “Unity” experience.
Lionel Hitchen will always acknowledge your application, if you haven’t heard from us within 72 hours, there might be a problem in your application coming through our server. We haven’t ignored you, call reception on 01962 760815 to let us know that your application has been sent.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for any of our positions.