Role Profile and Person Specification
Job title: Maintenance Technician Electrical Bias
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Job grade: C
The successful candidate will:
• Undertake maintenance, diagnosis, repair, trouble shooting and reconditioning activities on a range of machinery, maintaining all key services to production and
• Carry out electrical installation work along with initial testing and documentation.
• Identify and diagnose equipment and system faults.
• Initiate repairs in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Implement countermeasures, analyse fault data,
and recommend root cause improvement activity.
• Assist Department projects with respect to Installation, facilities/utilities, commissioning tests, monitoring methods and reporting.
• Conform to and develop area safety standards including risk-assessments for safe working practices and good housekeeping.
• Actively promote H&S awareness and adhere to H&S policies and codes of practice.
• Highlight required area/facilities improvements and liaise with other Department members to allow completion against set timescales. Responsible for overseeing the improvement until completion.
• Where appropriate manage or support contractors whilst on site
Essential criteria for this position are:
• Relevant trade qualifications (Apprenticeship, ONC, HNC, City & Guilds, ECS/JIB Gold Card)
• Knowledge of electrical systems, installation, inspection, and testing.
• Fault finding, diagnosis, repair, maintenance, and reconditioning activities on a diverse range of machinery and equipment.
• Experience working in a process plant in food, chemical or pharmaceutical industry would be desirable.
• Experience of applications in flame-proof and hazardous areas is desirable (ATEX)
• Has the necessary IT skills to perform their role.
Lionel Hitchen will always acknowledge your application, if you haven’t heard from us within 72 hours, there might be a problem in your application coming through our server. We haven’t ignored you, call reception on 01962 760815 or email HR@lionelhitchen.com to let us know that your application has been sent.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for any of our positions.