Role Profile and Person Specification
Job title: Maintenance Assistant
Reports to: Lead Maintenance Technician
Job grade: B
The successful candidate will:
• Specialist cleaning of Production / Warehouse buildings and associated outside areas
• GMP hygiene schedules of work & actioning of pick-up points
• Accurate recording of scheduled cleaning activities
• Site wide maintenance and repairs, including building, plumbing, electrical and assembly in accordance with competent skills set.
• Site Wide planned maintenance/basic tasks
• Maintain site compliance through documentation and completion of:
o Emergency lighting testing
o Portable appliance testing
o Legionella water testing
o Fire alarm testing
• Known contractor control and associated permit control.
• Ownership of site upkeep including:
o External/Garden maintenance
o Site decoration/Restoration
• Assist with department 5S program, and help to maintain the engineering workshop, Boiler house and plant rooms to the required standard.
Essential criteria for this position are:
• Numerate and literate
• Basic knowledge of food hygiene (desirable)
• Cleaning and site hygiene experience
• Good range of DIY skills (plumbing, carpentry, painting & general maintenance)
• Basic engineering aptitude
• Previous experience of working in a highly regulated manufacturing environment, preferably in food or pharmaceutical industry
• COMAH & DSEAR Basic Knowledge (desirable)
Lionel Hitchen will always acknowledge your application, if you haven’t heard from us within 72 hours, there might be a problem in your application coming through our server. We haven’t ignored you, call reception on 01962 760815 or email HR@lionelhitchen.com to let us know that your application has been sent.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for any of our positions.