< Back to Careers
Role Profile and Person Specification
Job title: Engineering Coordinator
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Location: Barton Stacey
- Follow the correct Engineering order process – Inc. raising PO’s, contacting suppliers, GRN and invoicing.
- Monitor the Engineering revenue budget.
- Negotiation – Establish ‘Best price’ attitude based on amounts, lead times and costs
- Suppliers relationships – Monitor suppliers ‘Customer service’ and cost base
- Source Engineering spares / services as requested
- Provide a simple and effective ‘booking in and out’ process
- Ensure all stock and re-order levels are monitored and maintained
- Communicate deliveries to purchase requestors
- Manage deliveries and ‘Goods in / invoice’ documentation
- Analyse usage rates, evaluate new parts and recommend action
Contractor Admin and scheduling
- Provide and maintain contractor’s admin details inc liability insurance, contact details, billing address and personnel ‘LH inductions’
- Contact, schedule and ‘book in’ contractor maintenance visits
- Where appropriate manage contractors whilst on site
- Assess and advise on contractor visits to affected depts.
- Monitor the CC and PTW systems for compliance
- Assist Engineering management in the ‘set up’ of maintenance contracts and contract length
CMMS – Admin
- CMMS Shire software Admin
- Maintain suppliers / contractors list
- Maintain parts list
- Ensure WR’s and WO’s collect the correct costings and allocated cost codes
- Investigate using the CMMS purchasing system (replace current paper-based system)
General Engineering admin and support
- When required assist the Maintenance team during fault diagnosis, repair, trouble shooting and reconditioning activities on a range of machinery, maintaining all key services to Production
- Develop processes to improve PPM and customer interface
- Report all incidents and hazards
- Conform to safe working practices and good housekeeping
- Actively promote H&S awareness and adhere to H&S policies and codes of practice
- Issue clear and accurate reports and records, providing relevant management information to maintain cost reviews on repairs.
- Analyse, summarize and implement improvements from data
- Support Company goals by involvement within area improvement teams
Essential criteria for this position are:
- Engineering experience / knowledge – willingness to learn
- Experience with purchasing / ordering processes
- Proactive and supportive approach
- Excellent ‘people skills’ to work with and support the engineering team
- Experience working in a manufacturing industry
- Understands department’s key performance indicators, how to influence them and how to contribute to Company goals
- Effectively applies necessary technical/professional or specialist knowledge and skills to do the job
- Maintains knowledge about working practices, processes and systems related to the job
- Has excellent IT skills – Microsoft office etc.
- Ability to understand and comply with the organization’s policies and procedures
Desirable criteria for this position are:
- Multi-skilled maintenance training and / or experience
- Confident to be able to negotiate costs on behalf of LH ltd during procurement process
- Experience of inspection / testing of engineering equipment
- Knowledge / experience of using computerized maintenance management systems
- Experience of applications in flame-proof and hazardous areas
Do you want to find out more?
For further details and to apply please email our HR Department at email@example.com
In the subject line of the email put LHHR.
Lionel Hitchen will always acknowledge your application, if you haven’t heard from us within 72 hours, there might be a problem in your application coming through our server. We haven’t ignored you, contact us or call reception on 01962 760815 to let us know that your application has been sent.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for any of our positions.
*Please complete and submit the GDPR Candidate Privacy notice along with your CV to give us consent to process your application.*