< Back to Careers
Role Profile and Person Specification
Job title: Production Planner/Category Planner
Reports to: Demand and Planning Manager
Department: Production/Planning Department
Location: Barton Stacey
The successful candidate will have responsibility for:
- Planning and preparing production schedules for the manufacture of intermediate, finished and re-processed products.
- Drawing up master schedules to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts and/or customer orders
- Analysing production specifications and plant capacity data and performing mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing formulations, processes, and human resource requirements
- Ensuring that works orders and other documentation is issued in a timely manner with minimal delays in line with the production plan and to cover the requirements of sales and stock, to maximise the productivity of the various production departments
- Using order and forecast information on Unity to set the production plan to improve the company OTIF performance. Develop a fixed plan for each production area and continuously monitor the schedule to achieve full adherence
- Supporting company goals by involvement within area improvement teams
Essential criteria for this position are:
- Excellent working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
- Previous experience of Production and Demand planning within a batch manufacturing environment
- Previous experience of working in a highly regulated manufacturing environment, preferably in food, pharmaceutical or perfume industry
- Highly numerate with strong Excel skills
- Experience in using forecasting software would be advantageous
- Experience of category/Value Stream planning
- Constantly strives to improve efficiency of work, processes and use of resources through application of “Continuous Improvement” tools and techniques
Do you want to find out more?
For further details and to apply please email our HR Department at email@example.com
In the subject line of the email put LHHR.
Lionel Hitchen will always acknowledge your application, if you haven’t heard from us within 72 hours, there might be a problem in your application coming through our server. We haven’t ignored you, call reception on 01264 343 300 to let us know that your application has been sent.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for any of our positions.